Pregnancy massage has been found to reduce stress, decrease swelling in the arms and legs, and relieve aches and pains in muscles and joints. It's a popular complementary therapy during pregnancy for back pain, when choices for pain relief, such as medication, are often limited.
You may have TMJ Syndrome if you experience the following:
* Pain or tenderness in the face, jaw joint area, neck and shoulders, and in or around the ear when chewing, speaking or opening the mouth wide.
* Limited ability to open the mouth very wide.
* Jaws that get "stuck" or "locked" in the open or closed mouth position.
* Clicking, popping, or grating sounds in the jaw joint when opening or closing the mouth (which may or may not be accompanied by pain).
* Difficulty chewing or a sudden uncomfortable bite - as if the upper and lower teeth arew not fitting properly
* Swelling on the side of the face
* Other common symptoms include toothaches, headaches, neck pain, dizziness, as well as earaches and hearing problems.
Massage Therapy is an effective way to treat symptoms of Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome.
Reptitive Strain Injury (RSI)
Since many repetitive strain injuries are diagnosed as soft-tissue injuries, treatments that focus on those tissues can be helpful. Massage is beneficial in numerous ways. Massage is a type of therapy that can relieve stress, lessen pain, help prevent injury, and speed the healing process.